Have you heard of Reiki? Reiki and energy work is quickly becoming a favorite modality for its gentle approach to relaxation and stress relief. Learn more about Reiki healing from the practitioners at Hand In Health Massage Therapy.
Are you located in Central New York and interested in energy healing? We invite you to book a treatment with one of our dually certified Massage Therapists and Certified Reiki Professionals. Book a Reiki treatment or Reiki & Massage combo by reaching out to our Downtown Syracuse or North Syracuse location today.
What is Reiki?
Reiki is an energy-based healing modality. It is founded on the teachings of Dr. Mikao Usui, a Japanese monk. Through years of meditation and practice he came to understand and share how energy can be used to support the body, mind & spirit. It requires no prior knowledge to receive treatment, and is as gentle as it is effective. It is an amazing option for those who want to focus on relaxation and stress relief. There is no need to remove clothing and direct physical touch is not required to enjoy benefits of Reiki.
Reiki is becoming increasingly integrated into traditional medical care as an integrative therapy for healing and promoting well-being in patients. It is gentle, comforting, and non-traumatic, and is easily integrated into an overall wellness and lifestyle plan.
How does Reiki work?
Reiki is performed by a professional that has been trained to sense and channel energy from the Universe, through themselves, into a client. Though it may sound rather fantastic, Reiki has been used as a serious healing modality since its creation in the 1920’s. A Reiki session tends to follow a common sequence, which can look like this:
- The Reiki practitioner will bring you to a private room for your session, just like you would during a massage. At that time, your practitioner will discuss your concerns, explain the treatment process. This is the perfect opportunity to add aromatherapy!
- You will then be directed to lay down face up on the massage table. A heating pad may be turned on, and a blanket will be available to keep you warm throughout the session. You will be directed to close your eyes and relax as the Reiki practitioner prepares to begin the session.
- The Reiki practitioner will then begin treatment, either at your head or at your feet. They will place their hands either gently on or just above your body in specific areas to allow energy to flow. These specific areas are referred to as chakras, and are considered the body’s energy centers. Your practitioner will guide energy into each chakra to clear energetic blockages and re-energize the space.
- Your job throughout the session will be to relax and remain “open to receive”. This means that rather than analyzing how you feel throughout the appointment, give your mind a break and check in with how you’re feeling after the session is complete. Reiki works best when one has an open mind and there are no expectations – in what will be felt, experienced, or understood during treatment. Forget about the emails, dirty dishes and neglected text messages. It’s an opportunity for you to relax and release.
- Once your session is complete, your Reiki practitioner will then discuss the treatment with you. You may ask questions, share anything you may have experienced during the treatment, and discuss your follow up plan.
What does Reiki help with?
Recent data from New York Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Campus shows conclusive evidence of the biological benefits of Reiki. This includes lowered stress response, blood pressure, respiration, and heart rate.
Recipients of a Reiki treatment report benefits that include but are not limited to:
- Stress relief
- Improvement in digestion
- Better sleep quality
- Reduction of aches and minor pains
- Increase in physical and mental energy levels
- Improvement of mental wellbeing.
In addition, this study on the effect of Reiki on pain and anxiety in adults gives evidence to some of its applications.
Reiki has many uses, and its outcomes are highly dependent on the needs of the client, rather than what the Reiki practitioner focuses on. During a Reiki session, the practitioner guides Universal energy into the recipient with the intention of releasing anything that the client is ready to let go of. What you wish to let go of can look very different from what another person may need to release. This means that the outcome of your session can look very different from another’s. This is the beauty of Reiki – it goes where it is needed most.
How do I book a Reiki healing appointment?
At Hand In Health, we have multiple Reiki practitioners available to meet your needs. Book a Reiki treatment or a Reiki/Massage Combo! During Reiki/Massage Combo you can experience all the benefits of hands on bodywork with the added benefits of Reiki healing. We recommend booking this as a 90-minute treatment for the best results.
There’s no better place to start to experience the benefits of Reiki than at Hand In Health. Serving the Central New York region, we offer a variety of convenient appointment times at our Downtown Syracuse and North Syracuse locations. We also offer monthly memberships and packages to help make it more affordable for regular self-care.
Book an appointment today!