Know what to expect! Please review the changes outlined below.
Hand In Health Massage Therapy is committed to helping prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Central New York.
Our centers in North Syracuse and Downtown Syracuse, NY, provide safe massages in accordance with New York State law and CDC guidelines.
All patients will need to complete our Covid-19 Screening and Consent to Treat form online no more than 24 hours before their scheduled appointment. Scroll down to complete now. Learn about how we are keeping our clinics as safe as possible during this time:
North Syracuse Clinic: Please remain in your vehicle once you arrive and do not enter the building before your appointment start time. Your Provider will call/text you no more than 5 minutes before your appointment start time to let you into the clinic.
Downtown Syracuse Clinic: Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. Your Provider will unlock our clinic doors approximately 5 minutes before your appointment. If the door is locked, please remain in the hallway and your Provider will allow access once our cleaning protocols have been completed.
All patients will visit the check-in station.
Hand Sanitizer: Upon entry all patients will sanitize their hands with EPA approved products.
Masks: All patients MUST wear their own face mask. If it is in poor condition one will be provided and must be worn at all times within the building. Your provider will also wear a facemask at all times and a face shield during your treatment.
Temperature Check: Any patient temperature above 100.4°F will be asked to reschedule without penalty.
By Appointment Only: Walk-in appointments will not be allowed at this time. Book your appointment online.
Staggered Appointment Times: Our waiting room is closed; you will be taken back to your treatment room immediately. We will contact you by email if we need to adjust your appointment start time.
Prepayment: All patients are encouraged to pre-pay for their appointments and you are encouraged to schedule follow-up appointments online.
Confirm Your Appointment
You will receive an email reminder before your scheduled appointment and be asked to complete the Covid-19 Patient Screening Form no more than 24 hours before your scheduled appointment. If your answer is YES to any of the following questions, please reschedule without charge.
- Have you had a fever in the last 24 hours of 100.4°F or above?
- Do you now, or have you recently had, any respiratory or flu symptoms, sore throat, or shortness of breath?
- Have you been in contact with anyone in the last 14 days who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has coronavirus-type symptoms?
Our already strict cleaning protocols have been enhanced:
- Providers will clean all surfaces the patient and therapist came in contact with using EPA approved disinfectant. Therapists have extended time in between each appointment for proper cleaning of treatment rooms and common spaces.
- Our linen provider Healthwear© will continue to wash and sanitize our linens using hospital grade cleaner. As always, linens will be completely changed in between patients.
- We have added a new TRUE HEPA Air Purification system with UV-C light sanitizer to our clinic with a MERV-19 rating.
- All treatment rooms and common spaces will have an ample supply of hand sanitizer available at all times.
Know the Risk
The nature of our work does not allow for social distancing. Despite our new guidelines, there are no guarantees that we can completely protect our patients and providers from Covid-19. So please, keep in mind the following:
If you are among a population that is especially vulnerable to COVID-19, please consider your individual health circumstances carefully before scheduling.
Patients will need to complete the following update to our health disclosures: I understand that, because massage therapy work involves maintained touch and close physical proximity over an extended period of time, there may be an elevated risk of disease transmission, including COVID-19. By signing this form, I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks involved and give consent to receive massage and bodywork from this provider.
Need additional information? Feel free to contact us at at the phone numbers listed above or by email: email@example.com. More detailed reopening information in New York State can be found here.
Monday: 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Thursday 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sunday: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM